Ban Ki-moon, former Secretary General of the UN awards the 5 first winners of the 2017 European Youth Debating Competition (EYDC)
EPCA and PlasticsEurope bring youngsters together to debate on People, Planet and Profit in the Digital Age
From over 400 students who took part in the 2017 European Youth Debating Competition (EYDC), ten students were selected as the winners of the competition by a group of jurors selected amongst representatives of industry, media, NGO’s, international organization, lecturers, experts, members of the EPCA Board of Directors, YETT (Young EPCA Think Tank) and PlasticsEurope. The award ceremony took place in Berlin, Germany, on 3rd of October 2017 during the 51st EPCA Annual Meeting, the largest gathering of the global chemical business community in Europe. Throughout the competition students had the opportunity to discuss and debate the theme: "People, Planet, Profit in the Digital age: With or without petrochemistry and plastics?”
Photo: 10 winners of the EYDC 2017
The top five winners of the EYDC 2017 were:
- Ms Ilsu ARI, Lycée International des Pontonniers, Strasbourg, France.
- Mr Daniel TERNE S, Bischöfliches Cusanus Gymnasium, Koblenz, Germany.
- Ms Kalina SPŁAWSKA, XIV LO im. Stanisława Staszica, Warszawa, Poland.
- Ms Ahlam OULADALI, Institut F. Vidal i Barraquer Tarragona, Tarragona, Spain.
- Mr Nick KRÜGER, Internationale Deutsche Schule Paris, Paris, France.
For more information, click here.