Styrenics Circular Solutions launches website to mark the next phase in driving the circularity of styrenic polymers forward
- Official website for joint-industry initiative Styrenics Circular Solutions goes live:
- Website highlights intrinsic recyclability of styrenics and the technologies and partnerships that enable it
Styrenics Circular Solutions (SCS) announced the launch of a dedicated website as part of its commitment to leading a new and comprehensive approach to the recycling of styrenics. The SCS website details both the vital role that styrene-based products play in the circular economy and the steps SCS is taking to transform the styrenics industry.
The website has been designed to elaborate on specific areas of SCS engagement, as outlined in the PlasticsEurope Voluntary Commitment, including:
- Accelerating the use of innovative recycling technologies, namely depolymerisation and dissolution, to convert used styrene-based products back into virgin material for high-quality applications;
- Mobilisation of regional waste collection and sorting partners to capture the maximum volume of used styrene-based products and create new market opportunities for styrenic recyclables;
- Learning from partners across the value chain, such as styrene- and expanded polystyrene manufacturers and leaders from the supply chain, brand owners and trade associations;
- Dialogue with the value-chain partners and policymakers committed to unlocking styrene’s potential in the circular economy.
The website will also provide updates on SCS milestones and news about related initiatives and the expanding SCS organisation. Founded in 2017 and hosted by PlasticsEurope, SCS drives the greater involvement of all partners across the styrenics value chain and waste management stream.
As Karl-H. Foerster, Executive Director of PlasticsEurope, explains, the website confirms the bigger shift underway in the styrenics industry. “Both styrenics producers and waste collection and sorting partners are working closely together, as polystyrene’s unmatched intrinsic capacity for recyclability will be key to achieving full circularity. The SCS website reflects this holistic approach across the value chain, showcasing the concrete action the industry is taking to strengthen the sustainability of styrene-based plastics and increase the market for recyclates”.
Further information about the SCS initiative and progress will be added to the website on an ongoing basis.
See PRESS RELEASE
About Styrenics Circular Solutions
The Styrenics Circular Solutions is a joint industry initiative to increase the circularity of styrenics. Hosted by PlasticsEurope, the initiative engages the value chain in the development and industrialisation of new recycling technologies and solutions. It aims to strengthen the sustainability of styrenic products while improving resource efficiency within the circular economy.