PlasticsEurope, the association of European plastics producers, is one of the leading European trade associations with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We aim to bring to life the responsible actions, partnerships, and innovations the European plastics industry is making to acknowledge and address the issue of plastics waste, and enhance confidence in plastics ability to contribute positively to society.
PlasticsEurope is looking for a
(Senior) Technical Manager (Microplastics Project)
PlasticsEurope is looking for an experienced plastics technical (senior) manager to join our Strategic Council: Sustainable Use of Plastics
The (senior) manager will be primarily in charge of developing and driving an important development programme on micro-plastics and its safety aspect.
The mission of the Strategic Council Sustainable use of Plastics is to:
- Ensure that plastic is used in a safe and sustainable way, and maximise its positive contribution to healthy societies and growing economies
- Engage with key stakeholders with the aim to foster confidence in the safety of plastics by ensuring that plastics are used when it is the best material and by leading the development of robust health and environment impact assessments of plastics, with a particular focus on micro-plastics
- Ensure key stakeholders accept plastics role in bringing sustainable and affordable solutions valued by society
- Foster strategic direction and management of ‘Sustainable use of Plastics’ projects and initiatives
The micro-plastics Project Manager his/her main roles and responsibilities are to:
- Drive and support the implementation of the micro-plastics strategy agreed by Strategic Council – Sustainable Use of Plastics
- Support the goals and objectives of the Microplastics Science team:
- Translate the approved strategies into objectives, plans, resources and budgets
- Propose, develop and implement the micro-plastics projects
- Put in place and use all necessary processes to manage member expectations and build consensus with members for projects and messaging
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Science teams of other international Associations to ensure complementarity of the science development programs and avoid redundancy
- Propose, agree and implement a (technical) stakeholder engagement process required to meet the objectives. (eg with selected value chain partners, academics and authorities)
- Initiate and support shaping policy messages and positions
- Contribute to other technical tasks of PlasticsEurope’s Strategy aiming to accelerate the sustainable use of plastics, including activities in packaging, building & construction and automotive
The candidate should be an experienced professional who demonstrates:
- Holds a university degree (master or equivalent) relevant to this position
- Project management experience with organizational competences
- Working experience within international chemical/plastics company/companies and possibly working experience with associations
- Experience in working in the plastics application (use) fields and plastics and possibly health related topics.
- Networking capability with ability to work in an international context.
- Strategic, flexible, pro-active and diplomatic mind-set with ability to effectively lead
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Balanced and constructively critical with a positive attitude
- Ability to work (written and verbal) in English is a key requirement, and knowledge of additional European languages is an advantage.
- Takes initiative, is self-motivated and can work independently while being a team player.
The full-time position is preferably based in Brussels/Belgium
Please send your application with a cover letter and CV before 8 March 2021 with the subject “(Senior) Technical Manager” to: HR@plasticseurope.org