PlasticsEurope is one of the leading European trade associations with centers in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We are networking with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the EU28 member states plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. The European plastics industry makes a significant contribution to the welfare in Europe by enabling innovation, creating quality of life to citizens and facilitating resource efficiency and climate protection.
PlasticsEurope is looking for a Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager with passion for and expertise in plastics, sustainability, innovation and stakeholder interaction to support its PC/BPA Group. The position is based in Brussels.
Purpose of the role
- In the context of the known expectations of the members and with a deep knowledge of the industry’s context, participate in the organisation, co-ordination and management of PlasticsEurope PC/BPA Group activities around its key products Polycarbonate (PC) and Bisphenol A (BPA) in order to achieve the short and long term objectives of safeguarding and advancing the interests of the members with due respect for the social, political and economic environment.
Key tasks and accountabilities
- Coordinate/Manage regulatory advocacy activities in EU (regulatory advocacy and science interface group)
- Monitoring, drive respective strategy development and manage implementation aligned with Member Companies – e.g. installation of Task Groups, utilization of consultants;
- Represent PC/BPA Group at authorities / regulators – together with Member Companies
- Coordinate/Manage EU-relevant Science activities
- Manage EU-advocacy related Science projects
- Build up and provision of respective thorough knowledge on regulatory and scientific aspects around PC/BPA
- Link between subgroups of PC/BPA (or) product group (i.e. regulatory and outreach group) – ensure development and alignment of respective tactics as well as long term strategies (together with supervising Core Team)
- Manage/ensure information transfer between all groups; Closely align with media / value chain spokesperson and chairpersons
- Contribute input into creation of communication materials and support outreach activities
- Representation of EU PC/BPA group
- Alignment / information exchange with Global PC/BPA group
- Representation towards other associations / product groups
Skills and competencies
- + 10 years experience in the chemical or related industries and or authorities and or advisers to authorities. Experience with Bisphenol A as a plus.
- Academic background in natural or related sciences (master or higher in Chemical, Physical, Life Science, Toxicologist,..) Expertise on Chemicals Issue Management related EU science and regulatory processes with advocacy skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Proven organizational skills, project leadership
- Ability and willingness to acquire a thorough knowledge of different relevant regulations and related science
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Comfortable working in a multicultural, multilingual and multifunctional environment
- Strong results orientation with superior organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills and good public speaker
- Fluent in English with other European language skills as a plus (German, Spanish, French)
Please send your application with a compelling cover letter and CV before Thursday 31st May 2018 with the subject ”Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager” to: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.