The Polyolefins Circular Economy Platform is a European value chain initiative which has as mission to advance the circular economy by increasing the reuse and recycling of polyolefin based products and the use of polyolefins recyclates as raw materials. PCEPs membership covers initially PlasticsEurope polyolefins producers, EuPC converters, recyclers, and later as well brand-owners, extended producer responsibility schemes, retailers and waste management companies.
Polyolefins are one of the most used plastics in the family. They represent about 50% of the plastics annual demand in Europe which is close to 25 million T of polyolefins. They are highly versatile materials used in many different applications.
Plastics and polyolefins have a crucial role to play in delivering a more sustainable future. Through their unique combination of properties, they already contribute to emissions reduction and more efficient use of resources across different sectors and everyday applications. However, challenges relating to littering and end-of-life options must be addressed, if the material is to achieve its fullest potential in a circular and resource efficient economy.
It is in this spirit of commitment to future generations that PCEP has been created. PCEP is an independent non-profit association based in Brussels and is currently being fully implemented.
PCEP is looking for a Secretary General (M/F).
- Develop and recommend PCEP Strategy to the PCEP SG
- Lead, direct and co-ordinate the activities of PCEP
- Develop and recommend to the PCEP Steering Board policies, plans and programmes to achieve the mission, goals and objectives of PCEP
- Attract new members to PCEP in line with PCEP governance structure
- Support and advise PCEP Steering Board in all matters concerning PCEP interest towards internal and external stakeholders. Build and maintain a strong network with all important stakeholders.
- Manage the PCEP budget and cash flow within PCEP and ensure the prompt invoicing of charges and payments of invoices
- Seek and secure funding at EU, national and/or regional level for development projects
- Keep the membership of PCEP informed of PCEP activities, obtain common views on relevant issues - Initiate, develop, implement and supervise working structures, groups and projects
- Be the spokesperson of PCEP and manage all communication activities both internally among the PCEP membership and externally with the media, NGOs etc
- Work with EU and national policy makers to promote content, objectives and results
The candidate should be a highly experienced professional.
- In-depth experience in the plastics industry or preferable the polyolefins sector (more than 15 years) with a strong multifunctional / multilingual background.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning as well as excellent implementation skills - Inspiring leadership skills, team player and diplomatic skills in building bridges and aligning different views
- Outstanding interpersonal, strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills - Superior presentation skills
- Ability to hold and synthesise multiple perspectives across value chains and cultures
- Self-confidence, balanced and constructively critical with a positive attitude - Superior networking skills, motivated and a winning attitude, a true driver.
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language
The full-time position is ideally based in Brussels / Belgium and requires regular EU travel.
Please send your application with a cover letter and CV before October 15th 2018, mentioning ”Secretary General PCEP” as the subject, to: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.