Who we are
PlasticsEurope is the pan-European association of plastics manufacturers with offices in every major capital of Europe. For over 100 years, science and innovation has been the DNA that cuts across our industry. With close to 100 members producing over 90% of all polymers across Europe, we are the catalyst for the industry with a responsibility to openly engage with stakeholders and deliver solutions which are safe, circular and sustainable. We are committed to implementing long-lasting positive change.
The Styrenics Sector of PlasticsEurope is looking for a Policy Officer
The Policy Officer will be based at PlasticsEurope’s office in Brussels and will report directly to the Styrenics Director. He/she supports with the promotion of the Styrenics Group’s views to EU decision-makers and other stakeholders.
We are looking for a motivated, well organised and efficient candidate who
- will monitor policy developments, support with the development and implementation of advocacy strategies;
- will support the day-to-day management of the Styrenics sector and its various activities, the organization of and attendance to internal working group meetings and follow-up actions;
- will support with maintaining dialogue between the Styrenics group and its various external stakeholders in specific regions – including regional or country specific issues management and advocacy planning;
- will draft reports, minutes, briefings on policy developments and provide summary and/or detailed analysis of documents issued by the EU and other stakeholders;
- will liaise with stakeholders and the wider policy community as necessary;
- will attend and report on external conferences, events and webinars organized by the EU Institutions and by other stakeholders;
- University degree preferably in European studies, Law, Political Sciences or similar;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to digest complex information into concise and informative briefs
- Ability to work autonomously and show initiative with good networking capabilities
- Very good command of English, oral and written.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office tools.
Please send your application with a cover letter and full curriculum vitae by 30 September 2021, with the subject “Styrenics – Policy Officer” to HR@plasticseurope.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.