Location: The Hague (or Brussels)
PlasticsEurope is a leading European trade association, with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We network with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, who are responsible for producing more than 90% of all polymers across the 28 member states of the European Union, plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. On a global level, PlasticsEurope actively supports the World Plastics Council (WPC) and the Global Plastics Alliance (GPA).
Purpose of the role
In alignment with the overall PlasticsEurope mission and strategy:
- pro-actively manage communications on items which are relevant from PlasticsEurope’s perspective interests and views;
- propose and manage projects (including building expertise, communication and coordination) in order to contribute to the implementation of PlasticsEurope’s strategy (e.g. on marine litter);
All activities to contribute to the short and long term objectives and interests of our industry.
Developing and implementing a communications strategy
- Contribute to the establishment of the overall strategy of the plastics industry, identify relevant issues, propose objectives and priorities and subsequently define and agree on actions that are aligned, produce added value for the members and for the benefits of the plastics industry as a whole
- Drive the process of consensus-building and position-taking on issues within the industry in order to reach a consensus between all parties involved
- Give professional guidance and actively contribute to the Dutch “Rethink Plastics” communications initiative
- Manage, steer, follow-up on issues effectively in order to ensure the achievement of the defined and agreed action plans
- Manage programs (resources, scoping, planning and execution), e.g. in the field of Marine litter, in order to contribute to the implementation of PlasticsEurope Voluntary Commitments. Align with relevant stakeholders and demonstrate our industry’s engagement
- Actively maintain the NL version of the PlasticsEurope website
- Share programs and results on PlasticsEurope-HQ level
- Create an effective interface with relevant members and stakeholders and with decision-making bodies at national and international level in order to enhance PlasticsEurope visibility and its ability to be involved in relevant decision making processes
- Build, maintain, extend and use the knowledge base in order to gain adequate understanding of the issues and hence to be able to distinctly advise the membership
Represent PlasticsEurope within the Netherlands
- Ensure the effective advocacy (contacts with regulatory or policy setting bodies) and communication (publications, seminars, websites, ..) of the industry positions resulting from the above process in order to influence and/or get the commitment of all stakeholders involved
- Establish, maintain, extend and use the network of relationships, and alliances with the various industrial players (including downstream industries), consumers and NGO’s in order to enhance the PlasticsEurope ability to get the plastics industry’s or industry’s sector position across.
Knowledge and skills
- Academic background or Higher Professional Education
- Valuable experience in one or more of the following:
- Plastics industry
- Working with associations similar to PlasticsEurope
- Advocacy, preferably within the Netherlands
- Native Dutch in speaking and writing, proficiency in English
- Strong communication skills:
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely; ability to speak effectively in front of a group, ability to deliver well-organized and convincing presentations
- Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in writing; ability to adapt writing style and language to fit the situation/audience
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before 23 April 2018 to: Andreea Pomana, PlasticsEurope, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels.
E-mail : email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.