Who we are
PlasticsEurope is the pan-European association of plastics manufacturers with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. Our member companies represent more than 90% in volume of all plastics materials across the EU28 plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey and a turnover of close to 100 billion euros.
For further information, see: www.plasticseurope.org
We are looking for an Intern for a 6 month, paid internship to support our Environmental and product Affairs activities in the field of Marine Litter (focus polymer or marine science); the internship is based in Brussels.
The position is for a highly motivated, well organised and efficient candidate who is looking to gain hands-on experience on marine litter advocacy, engaging with multiple stakeholders (research, industry, NGOs, EU institutions) as well as with country and issue-specific knowledge.
- Maintain knowledge on research publications in the field of marine litter, ocean pollution, microplastics, health/environment & plastics
- Engage with industry via PlasticsEurope working groups on Marine Litter Solutions
- Compile regular monitoring reports/newsletters on research publications
- Scout for new ideas, directions and tools for the implementation of PlasticsEurope Voluntary Commitment on marine litter solutions
- General support to the Environmental Affairs Team
- A (post) graduate degree (or in the pursuit of finalising it), preferably in Marine Science, polymer science, chemistry or similar;
- Strong research skills with the ability to pay close attention to details;
- Analytical skills and ability to digest complex information into concise and informative briefs;
- Team player and able to work autonomously;
- Quick learner, well-organised and able to deliver on time;
- Native English speaker or equivalent;
- Knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Possession of an EU passport, student visa, or other means of residing in Belgium for a minimum of six months.
If you wish to apply please send your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 13 April 2018.
Please do not forget to mention when you would be available to start.