Who we are
PlasticsEurope is the voice of the plastics manufacturing industry, representing over 90 per cent of Western Europe's polymer production capacity. Combined with the European polymer converting industry and the machinery manufacturers, the plastics industry represents a major contributor to Europe's economic strength, generating sales in excess of € 360 billion and employing more than 1.6 million people.
The Association’s purpose is to be a catalyst for the plastics industry accelerating sustainable solutions valued by society. We aim to bring to life the responsible actions, partnerships, and innovations the European plastics industry is making to acknowledge and address the plastics waste issue and to enhance confidence in the material’s ability to contribute positively to society.
The Association is designed to be stakeholder focused - building strong and active working relationships with the plastics industry, societal opinion leaders and EU policy-makers.
PlasticsEurope has a centre in Brussels with regional centres in Germany, Italy, Spain, France and the UK. It aims to work closely with upstream and downstream value chain partners, and have active representation in all European countries.
Develop strategies concerning the financial policy, in line with the organization’s mission, vision and strategy, in order to contribute to the realization of the organization’s objectives.
Develop internal policies and processes within Finance, Administration, Legal & ICT towards corporate standards to implement the strategy within the organization.
Where the actual role was mainly focused on finance, the future expectations of the role are still finance-oriented but also includes business services:
- End responsible for office management
- Outsourcing can be considered
- Processes and procedures
Leadership & HR (in collaboration with MD)
- Develop internal policies and processes within Finance, Administration, Legal & ICT to implement the strategy within the organization.
- Ensures his/her team delivers the highest standard of teamwork and service towards the organization’s members.
- Develops finance and accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the association’s goals.
- Provides coaching, guidance and support, sets professional development plans to assist employees to reach their full potential through the Performance Management Process.
- Staff management; supervises the accounting staff and administration staff in Brussels and the Regional Centers.
- Contract management
- Enforcement of the work regulations
Cash and risk management
- Manages ongoing banking relationships for maximum efficiency.
- Manages and if necessary also reviews the membership fee process for maximum efficiency.
- Develops cash flow forecasting and monitors the reserve of the association.
- Ensures that appropriate insurance coverage is maintained.
- Ensures appropriate legal review of contracts and solicit external legal advice as required.
Accounting and financial controls
- Manages the financial system, ensuring maximum productivity and meeting the needs of the business today and the future.
- Oversees the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Develops and oversees accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
- Oversees the external audit, reviews and analyzes results and recommends for approval the audited financial statements.
- Prepares the financial section of the annual report.
- Oversees the cash management function, including banking relationships.
- Ensures that the association is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensures filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Develops and oversees the internal review function to ensure that finance and operations controls and policies are complied with the best practices. Ensures effective follow up processes are in place.
- Responsible for financial management reporting for the association.
- Presents quarterly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results.
- Develops regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- Ensures financial management reporting tools and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business.
- Develops and prepares a quarterly management reporting package.
- Leads the annual Medium Term Plan and budgeting process.
- Provides ongoing financial expertise to other colleagues and members, when required.
- Leads the financial modelling and analysis to support the development of long term strategic initiatives and plans.
- Leads the quarterly outlook process.
- Execution of the budget
- Sufficient verbal and written communication skills in English, as well as Dutch and/or French
- Master Degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- Financial profile with good accounting knowledge and experience in legal matters
- Spreadsheet and database software experience
- Able to proceed a due diligence on the current processes with recommendations and execution of new and modern budgeting processes
- At least ten years of financial experience, including significant management experience within a matrix organization.
- Financial experience at a managerial level that includes knowledge of annual budgets and budget planning.
- People management experience.
- Proven successful experience in implementing transparent and efficient processes in the areas of finance, accounting, legal, IT and administration
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and in executive form to the Steering Board
- Multi-tasker able to handle a fast paced work environment
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize
- Analytical, proactive and a team player
- Dynamic personality showing the flexibility needed to work in a small organization
- Creative in finding solutions and applying best practices
- Hands-on mentality
- Down to earth
- Honesty and ethics should be at the heart of thought and action
- PlasticsEurope has a centre in Brussels with regional centres in Germany, Italy, Spain, France and the UK. The organization aims to work closely with upstream and downstream value chain partners, and to have active representation in all European countries.
- Location in Brussels but with home office policy of max 2 days a week at home office (in post-covid times).
You can submit your cover letter and detailed resume by clicking on the link below:
We assure discretion and confidentiality.
For more information please contact: Lieve Vermeylen, Partner at Accord Group,