PlasticsEurope, the association of European plastics producers, is one of the leading European trade associations with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We aim to bring to life the responsible actions, partnerships, and innovations the European plastics industry is making to acknowledge and address the issue of plastics waste, and enhance confidence in plastics ability to contribute positively to society.
The Finance & HR Manager is a key role within the association. S/he will be responsible for all accounting activities, the control framework and the legal compliance of three legal entities and s/he will act as HR coordinator and office manager.
Accounting and Financial controls
- Oversees the financial close activities, coordinates with external accountants and ensures all transactions are properly and timely recorded, in compliance with Belgian fiscal and legal requirements;
- Manages the new ERP;
- Strengthen the control environment, develop/enhance policy and procedures and ensures strong internal controls throughout the association;
- Key processes are ‘procure to pay’, payroll, contract management;
- Coordinates the external audit;
- Ensures the legal entities are in compliance with all relevant regulations and ensures filings are completed in a timely manner;
- Support Strategic Directors, Product Group Directors and Country Director in their business assessments;
- Develops regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports and budget monitoring;
- Prepares quarterly and annual management reporting packages for the association;
- Coordinates and controls the Budget cycle roll-up;
- Cash forecasting;
- Participate in pan-European F&BS projects;
- Assist with the recruitment process;
- Manage HR Administration (coordinate contracts, collect performance cycle documents, prepare onboarding packages)
- Coordinate HR related processes such as the Performance & Development Management (PDM) process;
- Organize trainings and keep training records to ensure social balance;
- Identify, design and roll-out new/enhanced HR processes;
- Liaise between the social secretariat and employee for practical issues;
- Supervise HR service providers, review contracts and scope;
Office Management (incl. fleet)
- Monitor office spent;
- Vendor management (contracts, performance, relationship management)
Desired Skills and Experience:
You possess at least a Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or related field, complemented with a minimum of five years of relevant experience within a complex environment.
- Hands-on, multi-tasker able to handle a fast paced work environment;
- Experience in a digitalization projects, ERP enhancements, procurement, corporate legal compliance and trade compliance;
- Knowledge of BE GAAP and Belgian corporate and social law;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Analytical, pro-active, team player;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English a must, preferably also in Dutch and/or French;
- Integrity, honesty and ethics should be at the heart of thought and action.
If you are interested in applying for this Finance & Administration Manager role send your CV with the subject “Finance & HR Manager” to HR@plasticseurope.org before 8 March.