Who we are
PlasticsEurope is a leading European trade association, with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We network with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, who are responsible for producing more than 90% of all polymers across the 28 member states of the European Union, plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. On a global level, PlasticsEurope actively supports the World Plastics Council (WPC) and the Global Plastics Alliance (GPA).
We are looking for an EU Advocacy and Research Intern for a six-month internship to support in all advocacy activities.
The position is for a highly motivated, well organised and efficient candidate who is looking to gain hands-on EU policy and advocacy experience and country and issue-specific knowledge.
- Research and draft background materials on EU policy and activities;
- Support the advocacy team in monitoring closely and preparing regular news summaries and updates on EU policies and institutions, as well as EU member state developments;
- Review and prepare summaries and analysis of EU policy documents;
- Prepare and attend advocacy meetings, participate to conferences and events and prepare event reports and meeting notes;
- Provide assistance for the organization of events and projects;
- Provide general administrative support.
- Degree or, an undergraduate degree or in pursuit of a degree, preferably in European studies, Economics, Law, Political Science or similar;
- Knowledge of EU policy and decision-making procedures and institutions;
- Strong research skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Analytical skills and ability to digest complex information into concise and informative briefs;
- Strong oral and written skills in English;
- Knowledge of other European languages would be an asset;
- Possession of an EU passport, student visa, or other means of residing in Belgium for a minimum of six months.
- Previous experience with EU institutions or other trade organizations (desirable).
If you wish to apply, please send your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 27 March 2019.
Starting date will preferably 3rd of June 2019.