The Fluoropolymers Product Group of PlasticsEurope is a European organisation representing companies producing fluoropolymers. It has as a mission to further the interests of the industry, protecting its good name by providing scientific and other data to interested bodies, to ensure an informed debate. The Group is administered by PlasticsEurope.
Since their discovery in the 1930s, Fluoropolymers have played an essential role in many industrial applications contributing to significant advancement in areas such as aerospace, communications, electronics, industrial processes, architecture and medical applications.
Fluoropolymers have a crucial role to play in the Circular Economy. Through their unique combination of properties, they contribute to emission reductions and more efficient use of resources across different sectors. However, in the context of the PFASs (Per and PolyFluoroAlkyl Substances) discussion about future regulation, the grouping of this wide range of substances risks to group PFASs that are not all the same. Fluoropolymers are safe and provide high benefits to society and the environment.
It is in the spirit of commitment to advance the Circular Economy and to provide scientific and socio-economic data on fluoropolymers to stakeholders that the Fluoropolymers Product Group is looking for a Director (M/F).
- Develop and recommend Fluoropolymers Strategy to the Fluoropolymers Management Committee
- Lead, direct and co-ordinate the activities of the Fluoropolymers Group
- Develop and recommend to the Management Committee plans, programmes and budgets to achieve the mission, goals and objectives of the Fluoropolymers Group
- Build and maintain a strong network with all important stakeholders
- Coordinate and drive towards joint Fluoropolymers’ positions
- Lead Sub-Groups and Task Forces in shaping policy messages, campaign and advocacy strategies
- Be the spokesperson of the Fluoropolymers Product Group to advocate and represent the Group in official and professional bodies in order to communicate and safeguard the interests of the industry. - Work with EU and national policy makers to promote content, objectives and results
Skills & Competencies
The candidate should be a highly experienced professional who demonstrates:
- University degree (master/MBA)
- Relevant international working experience (minimum 12 years) at a senior level within a company, association or as a consultant
- Fluency in written and spoken English; good knowledge of another European language would be an asset.
- Proven knowledge of the EU legislative process
- Ability to construct coherent and easy-to-understand arguments from complex technical/scientific data
- Excellent networker with excellent social and cross-cultural skills
- Strong strategic thinking and planning as well as excellent implementation skills
- Inspiring leadership skills, team player and diplomatic skills in building bridges and aligning different views
- Outstanding interpersonal, strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Superior presentation skills
- Self-confidence, balanced and constructively critical with a positive attitude
- Please send your application with a cover letter and CV before 20 April 2020, mentioning ”Director Fluoropolymers” as the subject line to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.