Who we are
PlasticsEurope is one of the leading European trade associations with centers in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We are networking with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the EU28 member states plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. PlasticsEurope has under its umbrella dedicated polymer product groups one of them being the European Council of Vinyl Manufacturers (ECVM).
ECVM represents six leading European producers of PVC resin, which account for around 75% of the EU-28 PVC resin production. These businesses operate around 40 different plants spread over 23 sites and employ approximately 7,000 people (www.pvc.org). PVC is mostly used in building and construction applications, in sport equipment and medical material.
ECVM is also the founding member of VinylPlus®, the voluntary commitment to sustainable development by the European PVC industry (www.vinylplus.eu).The commitment aims at strengthening the sustainability of PVC products and of the entire industry through a holistic approach including the sustainable use of chemicals, the reduction of energy consumption, safe and quality PVC recycling and increased sustainability awareness. To make the sustainability performance of the PVC products visible towards Green Public Procurements polices in Europe, VinylPlus® developed a ‘Sustainability Product label’ called Vinyl Verified®.
To strengthen the ECVM/VinylPlus team, we are looking for a Communications Manager with passion in sustainability issues and stakeholder interaction. The selected candidate will have to proactively develop and manage communications activities, as well as public affairs activities in the context of European ‘Building and Construction’ and ‘Green Public Procurement’ regulations and policies.
The successful candidate will be hired as a PlasticsEurope employee working 100% for ECVM/VinylPlus.
The position is based in Brussels.
- Support the communications team in managing, developing and implementing 360 communications:
- Strategy, messaging, social media
- Development of media campaigns
- Print, web, digital (newsletters), audio visual productions
- Event organization and development of communication/promotional tools
- Development of marketing campaigns (e.g. Sustainability Product Label)
- Manage multi stakeholder projects in the context of the ECVM and/or VinylPlus partnerships with external communities (e.g. Cities, Sport organisations, Hospitals)
- Support the Public Affairs Director in shaping policy messages, campaigns and advocacy strategies
- Represent and present ECVM / VinylPlus at various events
- Liaise with member’s experts
Skills & Competencies
The candidate should be capable to take initiative, be self-motivated, be able to negotiate achievable commitments and to convince stakeholders to work together on a set goal.
- Master degree in communication or equivalent area
- Around 5 years of experience in a trade organisation or an agency is an asset
- Familiarity with the European Institutions and a comprehensive understanding of their decision making process
- Excellent communication, persuasion and engagement skills (oral and written) in English. Additional EU languages will be considered a plus.
- Ability to quickly master complex and scientific topics and to communicate them in an effective manner.
- Track-record in managing communication (including social media channels) and organizing events.
- Strong IT skills: word, excel, PowerPoint, database, experienced user of Adobe, InDesign and Photoshop, knowledgeable in HTML and CMS such as WordPress
- Knowledge of the plastics and/or the construction industry will be considered a plus.
- If you wish to apply, please send your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) with the subject "ECVM Communications Manager" to Andreea Pomana, PlasticsEurope, rue Belliard 40, B-1040 Brussels, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17 February 2020.
- Only the selected candidates will be contacted.
- Please do not forget to mention when you would be available to start.