PlasticsEurope is one of the leading European trade associations with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We are networking with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the EU28 member states plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. The European plastics industry makes a significant contribution to the welfare in Europe by enabling innovation, creating quality of life to citizens and facilitating resource efficiency and climate protection.
More than 1.5 million people are working in approximately 60,000 companies (mainly small and medium sized companies in the converting sector) to create a turnover above 350 bn EUR per year.
The plastics industry includes polymer producers - represented by PlasticsEurope, converters - represented by EuPC – and machine manufacturers - represented by EUROMAP.
We are looking for a Communications Intern for a 6 month paid internship to support Styrenics chain activities in the field of communications (focus on digital communications); the internship is based in Brussels.
The position is for a highly motivated, well organised and efficient candidate who is looking to gain hands-on experience in communications.
- Assist in update and maintenance of websites
- Participate in creation of a new communications tool – Styrenics newsletter
- Draft content for websites and the newsletter
- Draft press releases, statements, position papers, and other documents as requested
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Monitor and suggest communications opportunities: conferences, events, articles
- General support to the Styrenics team
- A (post) graduate degree (or in the pursuit of finalising it), preferably in Communications, Journalism, or similar;
- Previous, related work experience is an asset;
- Analytical skills and ability to digest complex information into concise and informative briefs;
- Team player and able to work autonomously;
- Quick learner, well-organised and able to deliver on time;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other editing programmes is a plus;
- Knowledge of WordPress or other content management system is an asset;
- Native English speaker or equivalent; knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Possession of an EU passport, student visa, or other means of residing in Belgium for a minimum of six months.
If you wish to apply please send your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 July 2018. Please mention "Communications Intern - Styrenics" as a subject of your email.