Who we are
PlasticsEurope is the pan-European association of plastics manufacturers with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. Our member companies represent more than 90% in volume of all plastics materials across the EU28 plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey and a turnover of close to 100 billion euros.
For further information, see: www.plasticseurope.org
The position is for a highly motivated, well organised and efficient candidate who is looking to gain hands-on experience in communications and (social) media relations, engaging with stakeholder, as well as country and issue-specific knowledge.
- Draft press releases, news stories for the website, newsletters and content for social media platforms
- Searching for and updating media contacts
- Compile weekly (social) media monitoring
- Scout for new ideas, directions and tools for communication activities of Public Affairs Team
- General support to the Public Affairs Team
- A (post) graduate degree (or in the pursuit of finalising it), preferably in Political Science, Communications, Journalism, or similar;
- Previous, related work experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of EU policy and decision-making procedures and institutions;
- Strong research skills with the ability to pay close attention to details;
- Analytical skills and ability to digest complex information into concise and informative briefs;
- Team player and able to work autonomously;
- Quick learner, well-organised and able to deliver on time;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other editing programmes is a plus;
- Native English speaker or equivalent;
- Knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Possession of an EU passport, student visa, or other means of residing in Belgium for a minimum of six months.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17 February 2020.
Please do not forget to mention when you would be available to start.