PlasticsEurope is the pan-European trade association for the plastics manufacturing industry with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We are networking with national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the EU28 Member States plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. Our aim is to maintain a prosperous plastics industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
PlasticsEurope is looking for an (M/F) Communications and Media Manager for its office in Brussels.
- Develop and roll out comprehensive communications plans for different working groups within PlasticsEurope including classical media relations, digital and social media
- Draft press releases, op-eds, articles, etc. and assume responsibility for their dissemination and coordination with the rest of PlasticsEurope offices
- Assume responsibility for media monitoring and prepare weekly summary as well as media reports and analysis.
- Maintain and establish new relations with key journalists within the Brussels Press Corps and the UK. Review and maintain international media/journalist database
- Organise press conferences, briefings and interviews linked to PlasticsEurope’s reports and events
- Support events on a need basis
- Managing the communication of PlasticsEurope’s accounts on social media and subsequently managing the social media community;
- Establishing impact measurement: monitoring the association’s accounts and presence on social media, analysing and preparing the statistic reports for social media.
- Setting up and roll-out social media campaigns. Planning and producing creative content for social media.
- Master degree in Political Science, Communications, Journalism, or similar
- Diligent self-starter, able to achieve tangible results
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and research skills with the ability to pay close attention to details and to digest complex information into concise and informative briefs
- Excellent written English, editing and proof reading skills - likely to be English mother-tongue. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Confident user of social media, able to conduct digital and social media campaigns
- Networked into the Brussels press corps - and beyond
- Minimum 5-year experience in communications roles
- Team player and able to work autonomously
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite or other editing programs is a plus
- Eligible to work in EU
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) before 2 May, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org