PlasticsEurope is a leading pan-European association and represents plastics manufacturers active in the European plastics industry. The plastics industry in Europe is a vibrant sector that helps improve the quality of life by enabling innovation, facilitating resource efficiency and enhancing climate protection.
In addition to the plastics manufacturers, represented by PlasticsEurope, the plastics industry includes converters, represented by European Plastics Converters (EuPC), recyclers, represented by European Plastics Recyclers (PRE), and machine manufacturers, represented by European Plastics and Rubber Machinery (EUROMAP).
PlasticsEurope – one of Europe’s leading trade associations
PlasticsEurope is a leading European trade association, with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We network with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, who are responsible for producing more than 90% of all polymers across the 28 member states of the European Union, plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. On a global level, PlasticsEurope actively supports the World Plastics Council (WPC) and the Global Plastics Alliance (GPA).
- PlasticsEurope promotes the numerous benefits of plastics by:
- Liaising with European and national institutions in policy matters to encourage decisions based on accurate information
- Creating alliances with various stakeholders in the plastics value chain and beyond (brand owners, NGOs, academia, …)
- Raising awareness of the material’s beneficial properties and its positive contributions to sustainable development, innovation and quality of life throughout its life cycle
- Creating educational resources to provide fact-based information and correct misconceptions
- Initiating in-depth scientific studies and sharing experiences to provide valuable knowledge to our members and facilitate continuous enhancements of the benefits provided by plastics.
PlasticsEurope’s General Assembly is the organisation’s governing body and is made up of its members. A Steering Board guides the Executive Director and Leadership Team on strategy, budget and policy. The Steering Board is supported by Regional Advisory Boards and the Coordination Committee, each composed of member companies’ representatives and association’s directors.
The Leadership Team comprises an Executive Director, Functional Directors and Regional Directors. It develops the organisation’s strategies, drives projects and ensures delivery.
The Steering Board includes the President (currently: Javier Constante, DOW), the Vice-Presidents (currently: Tom Crotty, INEOS, Michael Zobel, LANXESS and Tim Stedman, TRINSEO), the Treasurer (currently: Tom Crotty, INEOS) and other senior representatives of member companies. These are elected for a three-year term with one possible mandate extension (see Steering Board Members list).
The Coordination Committee:
- Reviews and directs horizontal core activities and keys priorities
- Develops recommendations and advises on core activities
- Develops core budget proposals
- Appoints and dissolves Working Groups deemed necessary for the performance of its remit within the agreed budget.
The Regional Advisory Boards (RABs) ensure that the specific needs of individual countries are catered for.
The RABs are chaired by a Steering Board member and:
- Provide regional input into the Coordination Committee
- Implement the core activities
- Support Product Groups
- Propose, decide and fund the non-core regional budget as required.
The Product Groups are sponsored by a Steering Board member and:
- Provide inputs into the Coordination Committee for the core activities
- Manage issues related to specific to Product Groups
- Agree and fund the Product Group budget.
PlasticsEurope Brussels Headquarters
PlasticsEurope Regional offices
The network of national associations is managed through five regional centers.
Contact us for more information
Contact us for more information about the benefits of plastics and the activities of PlasticsEurope.