PlasticsEurope is one of the leading European trade associations with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We are networking with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the EU28 member states plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey.
The European plastics industry makes a significant contribution to the welfare in Europe by enabling innovation, creating quality of life to citizens and facilitating resource efficiency and climate protection. More than 1.45 million people are working in 62,000 companies (mainly small and medium sized companies in the converting sector) to create a turnover above 350 bn EUR per year. The plastics industry includes polymer producers - represented by PlasticsEurope, converters - represented by EuPC
and machine manufacturers - represented by EUROMAP
PlasticsEurope promotes the positive contributions of plastics by:
- Highlighting the material’s beneficial properties and its positive contributions to society throughout its life cycle;
- Providing society with educational information to help raise awareness and correct misconceptions;
- Liaising with European and national institutions in policy matters to secure decisions based on accurate information;
- Communicating plastics contribution to sustainable development, innovation and quality of life;
- Initiating in depth studies and sharing experiences.