PlasticsEurope is one of the leading European trade associations with centers in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We are networking with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the EU28 member states plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. The European plastics industry makes a significant contribution to the welfare in Europe by enabling innovation, creating quality of life to citizens and facilitating resource efficiency and climate protection.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the Consumer & Environmental Affairs with a special focus on projects covering plastics packaging, located in Brussels. This job is for 4 days per week.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage, coordinate, and organize the day-to day work and the implementation of activities;
- Follow up project timelines and budgets; participate in budget preparation, invoicing, accounting.
- Provide administrative support to run the working groups of the different projects and write professional meeting minutes.
- Coordinate the maintenance of websites, extranet and various databases for proper documentation;
- Create charts and schedules;
- Monitor and report progress;
- Support the Chairmen/Project Managers in preparing professional presentations for meetings;
- Organise and participate in internal and external meetings;
- Maintain databases;
- Interface with Communications Group in the provision of materials for compelling messaging;
- Ensure good communication with members of the working groups;
Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Experience in a similar position;
- Excellent level of English, knowledge of other EU language such as French/German is a plus;
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office and Outlook;
- Superior organizational and time management skills;
- Dynamic, reliable, flexible and stress-resistant; very good interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment;
- Strong communicator who is able to relate to people at all levels and from different cultures;
- A self-starter; being proactive, showing ownership, initiative and ability for multitasking;
- Open minded with interest in natural / environmental science.
Please send your application with a compelling cover letter and CV before 31 January 2018 with the subject "Administrative Assistant" to: PlasticsEurope, Avenue E. van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels,
Contact us for more information
Contact us for more information about the benefits of plastics and the activities of PlasticsEurope.