The Styrenics Chain, under the umbrella of PlasticsEurope, represents the interests of the European producers of styrene, polystyrene and other styrene-based materials. The Styrenics Chain initiates and supports various technical task forces, projects and initiatives, with the objective to develop scientific knowledge, ensure the safety and sustainability within the styrene value chain, and to provide input for advocacy activities in a demanding regulatory environment. Reporting to the Director of the Styrenics Chain, the Technical Manager ensures in cooperation with the various technical task forces that all these activities are well managed, making optimal use of the association and member companies’ resources. The full-time position is based in Brussels / Belgium.
- Leads the Technical Groups across the Styrenics Chain, keeps the group objectives up to date, facilitates meetings, monitors budget and progress, and drives the decision making processes.
- Acts as a focal point for the regulatory and legislative actions related to the above activities, and establish appropriate relationships within the associated regulatory bodies, technical committees, related industry associations and other external partners.
- Ensures that project teams have full access to technical, regulatory and advocacy expertise.
- Coordinates the Association and Member Companies’ input to the styrene value chain communication initiatives relating to regulatory advocacy, product stewardship and product sustainability matters.
- Ensures that all information and data is well maintained and saved.
Skills & Competencies
- Master / Bachelor Degree or equivalent in chemistry / chemical engineering
- 5- 10 years’ experience in the chemicals or plastics industry in a technical and / or regulatory function.
- Organisational skills to manage contacts with industry experts, government agencies and member company business leaders.
- Leadership skills to rally member companies’ representatives behind a common objective.
- Good communication and diplomacy skills. Good spoken and written English is essential, knowledge of German and French is an additional asset.
- Ability to motivate and guide individuals and groups.
- Good project management and computer skills.
- Experience running multi-national projects
Please send your application with a cover letter and CV before February 28th, 2018 with the subject ”Technical & Regulatory Affairs Senior Managers – Styrenics” to: Andreea Pomana, PlasticsEurope, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels
Contact us for more information
Contact us for more information about the benefits of plastics and the activities of PlasticsEurope.