PlasticsEurope is one of the leading European trade associations with centers in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We are networking with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the EU28 member states plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. The European plastics industry makes a significant contribution to the welfare in Europe by enabling innovation, creating quality of life to citizens and facilitating resource efficiency and climate protection. PlasticsEurope has under its umbrella dedicated polymer product groups one of them being the European Council of Vinyl Manufacturers (ECVM).
ECVM represents six leading European producers of PVC resin, which account for around 75% of the EU-28 PVC resin production. These businesses operate around 40 different plants spread over 23 sites, and employ approximately 7,000 people (www.pvc.org).
ECVM is also the founding member of VinylPlus®, the voluntary commitment to sustainable development by the European PVC industry (www.vinylplus.eu).The commitment aims at strengthening the sustainability of PVC products and of the entire industry through a holistic approach including the sustainable use of chemicals, the reduction of energy consumption, safe and quality PVC recycling and increased sustainability awareness.
ECVM is looking for a Technical / Environmental Affairs Senior Manager with passion for and expertise in plastics, sustainability issues and stakeholder interaction to:
- develop the activities of three multi sectorial industry platforms across Europe focused on health care applications, construction pipes and electric cables,
- participate in the development of product sustainability footprints, including PVC additives,
- follow up and further develop PVC product labelling initiatives in EU.
The position is based in Brussels.
- In the context of the three multi sectorial industry platforms ensure direction, alignment and support for efficient implementation of actions;
- As the European programme manager, motivate, steer and control the development of the product labels, acting as focal point for the label applications, providing the required feed-back and responses to applicants, organising the technical audits of the applicants in close cooperation with certification bodies
- As technical manager, participate or lead various technical projects and activities of ECVM.
Skills & Competencies:
The candidate should be capable to take initiative, be self-motivated, be able to negotiate achievable commitments and to convince stakeholders to work together on a set goal.
- Master/Bachelor Degree or equivalent in chemistry or plastics engineering
- Proven industry experience in a manufacturing/technical role, with strong project management skills as an asset
- Advanced communication and cooperation skills
- Capable of speaking up at stakeholder events
- Pro-active, showing ownership
- Dynamic, reliable & flexible
- Strong results orientation with superior organizational and time management skills
- Fluent in English, with other European language skills as a plus
Please send your application with a compelling cover letter and CV before February 28th, 2018 with the subject ”ECVM Technical & Environmental Affairs Manager” to: Andreea Pomana, PlasticsEurope, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels
Contact us for more information
Contact us for more information about the benefits of plastics and the activities of PlasticsEurope.